Regulations on Penalties and Rewardsfor Foreign Students of YBU
1. In order to promote and well develop the education of the foreign students’, create good studying environment, the following details rules and regulation is formulated according to the Republic of China on the Entry and Exit Administration, Provisions of accepting Foreign Students of Higher School, Regulation on Penalties for Foreign Students of Yanbian University in combination with the actual situation of the Foreign students’.
2. These specific rules are applied for all Foreign students who study in YBU
3. During the study time in school, the students who disobey the rules in or outside the school will still be treated with the punishments according to this detail rules and regulations
4. Foreign students who violate the school rules and principles, according to the seriousness of the case, attitude of admit, and repentance, the school will give the punishments as following:
2) Severe Warning
3) Probation in school
The students disobey the school rules and principles but the seriousness of the case is not serious though enough to treat with the above punishments will be notified of criticism and will be urged to correct the mistake.
5. Forfeiters are punished as following at the same time:
1) Cancel the qualifications of appraising and awarding of the year, scholarship foreign students (including Confucius Institute Scholarship and exchange students) stop giving the scholarship for one month or more and treat with the regulations of the annual review.
2) Awarding the degree is treated with the regulations of the Students Status Management Regulations of YBU and the Implementation of Detail Rules of Postgraduate Status Management Regulations of YBU.
3) Other rules are treated with relevant regulations.
6. The students who disobey the rules, are given lighter punishment or be exempted from the school as per following situations.
1) Can take the initiatives to admit mistakes, explain the facts, shows the profound understanding and repent.
2) Be intimidated
3) Take the initiatives to report, expose others’ misconduct and assist the related departments to investigate the problem;
4) Others can be punished lightly according to the situation.
7. Disobey the school principles as the following situation should be given heavier punishment.
1) Deny the mistake or cover up others’ misconduct.
2) Withdrawing a confession, confession in collusion or threaten and retaliate to the concerned person;
3) Two or more violations at the same time;
4) Collude with outsiders to commit a crime;
5) The organizer and conductor of the group of violation;
6) Others should be punished in aggravation according to the situation
8. The Limits of Authority, Procedure and Management of punishing the students violating discipline
1) Warning and probation in school are put forward by the Department or Foreign Students Administration and report to the Department of International Exchange and Cooperation and approved by the leader.
2) The punishment of expulsion of the foreign students are put forward by the concerned Department of Foreign Students Administration, and through examine of the leader of the Department of International Exchange and Cooperation, then the Department of International Exchange and Cooperation report to the school to handle and put on records by school.The student, who is expulsed from the Chinese government scholarship, should write a report to the China Scholarship Council and report to the foreign student’s Embassies and Consulates in China of that country.
3) As for the foreign students’ misconduct, should investigate in time, report to the school’s security office to investigate if needed. Before putting forward the handling suggestions, should listen to the student’s explanation.
4) The limitation of probation in school is one year. The student who is punished with the probation in school, Foreign Students Administration is responsible to check the behavior during the probation in school time, and it will be punished on time or ahead of time.
5) The student who is expulsed should handle the procedure of leaving school and China in one week after the decision of punishment. As for the person failing to handle the procedure on time, the Department of International Exchange and Cooperation will tell the public security organs to withdraw the residence permit.
6) The decision of punishment will be announced at school according to the situation.
9. Rewards System for Foreign Students
1)Outstanding Self-Funded Foreign Students Award will be given once a year with certificate and Prize to the students meeting the following requirements: (1) Abide by all the rules and regulations of YBU; (2) Actively participate in school activities; (3)With outstanding academic performance;(4) No record of warning or severe warning; (5)Recommended by relevant college.
2) Outstanding Foreign Graduate Award will be given once a year with certificate and Prize to the students meeting the following requirements: (1) Abide by all the rules and regulations of YBU; (2) Actively participate in school activities; (3) With outstanding academic performance; (4) No record of warning or severe warning; (5) Make special contribution to the foreign students cause during study at YBU; (6) Recommended by relevant college.
3）Outstanding Foreign StudentsCadre Award will be given once a year with certificate and Prize to the foreign students cadres meeting the following requirements: (1) Abide by all the rules and regulations of YBU; (2)Actively organize and participate in foreign students activities; (3)With good academic performance; (4)With a strong sense of responsibilities; (5) Be a foreign student cadre for more than one semester.
10. Students who violate Chinese laws and regulations are given the following sanctions:
1) Students who break the law and are investigated for criminal responsibility should be given expulsion from academic status or quitted form the school.
2) Students who violate Chinese laws and regulations, recognized by judicial or administrative authority, and cause a bad influence are given warning or more punishment depending on the situation.
11. Students who violate school rules and Chinese laws and regulations shall be given the following sanctions:
1) Students whose visa or residence permit exceeds the time limit shall be given warning depending on the degree.
2) Students who violate the provisions of off-campus housing and refuse to mend their ways despite of admonition are given warning and more punishment.
3) Students who disobey Dormitory Supervisory Regulation of foreign students and disturb others and do not listen to dissuade, shall be given warning punishment.
4)Students who are failing to pay tuition and accommodation fee over time and still do not pay after asked for payment, shall be given warning; if the situation is serious, they shall be given expulsion from academic status or quitted form the school.
5) Students who do not respect Chinese manners and customs and have bad personality and morality shall be given warning and more punishment.
6) Students who violate all the management regulations of the school shall be given warning and more punishment.
7）Anyone who violates attendance rules shall be given warning or more serious punishment.
Students who have been absent for accumulative 30 credit hours or for continuous 1 week shall be given warning for the first time and given serious warning for second time. Being absent for accumulative 80 credit hours or being absent for continuous 1 month shall be given probation in school or expulsion. Accumulative credit hours of excused absences including sick leave shall not be more than 80 for 1 semester. The ones who are expelled from school cannot get their visas renewed and register at school again.
12. Foreign students who are engaged in activities, such as mission and religious gatherings, and have violated rules, shall be given warning and more punishment.
13. Students who want to drive motor vehicles should get driving license first and take the license to Foreign Students Office to fill out the application form of driving. Only the ones who get permission from Foreign Students Office can drive. Drunk driving and drag racing are strictly prohibited. Motor vehicles will be detained if illegal driving is founded in campus or around school. Students will be given warning and the result will be informed to their parents or guardians. Students who violate PRC Road Traffic Law on State Security causing accident, illegally drive a motor vehicle and do not listen to dissuasion,shall be given probation or more serious punishment and the students should be responsible for all the economic or legal consequences.
14. Students who affray and dustup shall be given the following punishment:
A. Students who trigger or intensify contradictions, or directly involve in the fight, shall be given warning and more punishments.
B. Students who organize and plan others to fight causing serious circumstances shall be kept and inspected and given more punishment.
C. Students who injured other in fight shall be kept and inspected in school and given more punishment (depending on the degree).
D. Students who offer weapon used by criminal shall be given warning; who hurt others shall be kept and inspected and given more punishment.
Students who are involved in mobbing or conduct other violations, destroy the peace and order of the school, shall be given warning and more punishment.
16. Students who are involved in the variety of means to illegally usurp the legal property, or have other behavior such as theft, fraud, shall be given the following sanctions depending on the degree:
A. Theft of public or private property, are given the following sanctions respectively:
1. Students who commit a crime and the total value they steal is less than 500 yuan shall be warned.
2. Students who commit many crimes and the total value they steal is more than 500 Yuan and the aftermath is severe, shall be kept and inspected in school and given more punishment.0
3. Students who defraud rob and extort public and private property shall be punished severely.
B. Students who occupy materials that do not belong to him shall be given warning and more punishment.
C. Students who offer information and tools for criminal purpose, or who disguises criminal fact and hiding proceeds of crime shall be punished as criminal.
D. Students who burgle cachet, availability paper, secret document and archives etc. shall be kept and inspected in school and given more punishment.
Students who forge, alter or lend the documents or materials, or cheat with fake identity, shall be given warning and more punishment (according to degree and aftermath).
Intentionally destroy public or private property, in addition to the AD valorem compensate for the losses, based on the value of the damaged property given to the following sanctions:
A. If the value that damaged is less than 500 Yuan, warning shall be given.
B. If the value that damaged is more than 500 Yuan, the punishment is not less than probation in school.
C. If the consequence is severe, punishment shall be given in aggravation.
18. Students who disobey the provisions of fire, electricity, etc shall be given warning and more punishment; If the above actions have severe consequences, students shall be given expulsion from academic status or school expulsion.
19. Students who publish or make comments against other countries and damage the benefits of others shall be given warning and more punishment (depending on the degree).
20. Students who violate public morality shall be given warning and more punishment.
21. Students who organize or participate in gambling in various ways shall be given disciplinary probation, more punishment and confiscate their gambling devices and funds (depending on the degree).
22. If there are prohibited behaviors that are not listed in this specific punishment regulation, then the relevant regulations can be referred to give punishment.
22. Department of International Exchange and Corporation holds the right to explain all the above regulations.
Department of International Exchange and Cooperation, Yanbian University